Sr. Software Engineer, Prototype Vehicles
SERES EV (SF Motors)
Santa Clara, CA
April 2018 - April 2020
- Reverse engineered Mercedes instrument cluster, communications and sensor systems for use as mule vehicle.
- Designed and implemented firmware changes to ensure compatibility with vehicle system components.
- Conducted firmware regression testing for pre-production software builds.
- Gathered requirements and wrote drivers for software implementation of sensors and inter-controller communications.
- Developed regression test automation tools in Golang and Python.
Simi Valley, CA
March 2017 – April 2018
- Validated system EMI, fault injection and environmental robustness.
- Performed Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) to certify safety critical airborne equipment.
- Certified systems subject to DO-160 (Environmental Conditions), DO-254 (Hardware) and DO-178 (Software) for safety critical airborne systems.
- Created design optimization and automation tools in Python for Infolytica MotorSolve.
San Dimas CA
December 2015 – March 2017
- Reverse engineered vehicle communications for conversion of BMW i3 to use AC Propulsion Motor (I2M) replacing OEM motor.
- Designed Android based diagnostics application with CAN-Bus interface for in vehicle monitoring of system status.
- Developed desktop applications using Python and Qt for control and data-logging of test equipment.
- Developed algorithm for battery balancing module in C that resulted in a 40% BOM cost reduction.
0621 Field Radio Operator
United States Marine Corps
Port Hueneme, CA
May 2003 – May 2007
- Deployed Aug-04 through Mar-05 to Al Asad, Iraq with 4th LAAD Bn.
- Provided and maintained communications equipment to 4th LAAD Security Battalion in Al Asad.
- Field Radio Operator for 2/23 Weapons Company.
- Set up and maintained vehicle mounted radio systems.
Projects & Accomplishments
HTW Dresden Electro-Mobility Laboratory
- Designed data acquisition devices for use in electric vehicle drive systems research.
- Created software solutions for data log analysis.
- The laboratory working language was German.
- Developed iOS app for measuring volume of insulin in a hypodermic syringe.
- Performed OpenCV training of machine vision algorithm.
- Developed algorithm to compensate measurements for parallax and distance.
MS Computer Science (In Progress)
CSU Channel Islands
- Emphasis, Cybersecurity & Machine Learning
- Coursework in Ethical Hacking, Cybersecurity, Cloud Computing with AWS, Analysis of Algorithms, Advanced Database Systems
BSE Electrical Engineering (Emphasis in Computer Engineering)
Northern Arizona University
- Dresden University of Applied Sciences, Dresden, Germany — Year Abroad 2013-2014
- Computer Vision iPad App Measurement of insulin syringe volume using OpenCV — Senior Capstone Project